My guity pleasures. Thanks Laura!!
Laura did a 10 guilty pleasures blog so I had to do mine. Here goes:
10. Us Weekly, Star, OK Magazines--I can't help finding myself wrapped up the the Britney saga, or IS Jennifer Lopez pregnant, ect. I read these magazines at my desk while I eat lunch. Kind of a "calgone take me away" moment.
9. Online gaming--I do this EVERY DAY as soon as I come home from work. It is a stress reliever. My favorites are backgammon and reversi.
8. Myspace--I also do this every day while I play online gaming. Another stress reliever. And as Trecie says, good way to stay in touch.
7. Car Washes--Not just any car wash. The ones that clean your seats, detail the inside and outside, wax on, wax off... This is by far my favorite birthday, Christmas, whatever present..hint hint
6. Egyptian Cotton Sateen Sheets-- Once you've slept on the best you never go back.
5. Arbonne--These facial products are the best. I LOVE the REveal facial scrub. I actually have all of this REveal product line. Kind of expensive, but my skin is worth it! Want to try some--call Jacqueline!
4. El Chico--nothing compares to this fine Tex-Mex establishment. John and I try to limit ourselves to once a month, but I can say with much embarrassment that the management staff at 1-35 in Lewisville knows our names and our favorite dishes. They also know that Ava hates ice and won't drink the water unless it is ice free.
3.My Ipod. I use my Ipod in the car, at work, on the eleptical, when I am doing the lawn..so many uses. I find that when I want to be left alone I can just put those earpieces in and everyone leaves me alone. I don't even have to have the thing on. Those earpieces are wonders!
2. COACH!!! A very expensive addiction. Can't help it.
1. I saved the best for last. I am not ashamed to admit my most pleasurable guilty pleasure is the Rt. 44 Diet Dr. Pepper--easy ice please--from Sonic. I get this lovely drink every day, sometimes twice a day. If I don't have this drink I turn into an incredible "B". The people at work have been known to buy me a drink on particularly bad days.
So--if you don't want to get me a car wash for Christmas, a Sonic gift card will
surely make me smile!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
One of the things I like to do with Ava is SHOP!! We both get dressed up and go to all of her favorite stores--which includes WalMart! Today we went to the Shoppes at Highland Village to look for a Christmas dress for Ava. I love that place because I can hit Gymboree, The Children's Place, and Jaynie and Jack in one stop. We also stopped in at Barnes and Noble so Ava could play with their train set--she LOVES trains--and so I could scope out my next new book. Here are a few pics of Ava dressed up for our girl's day out!
Ava and I went to the pumpkin patch on Friday while John worked. I'm not sure what she was expecting when I told her we were going to see the pumpkins, but when we got there her eyes got so BIG. She had never seen that many pumpkins. I was suprised that she let me take her picture by the scarecrow. She is petrified of the one we have at home. We can't even walk down the Halloween aisle at WalMart because she gets so frightened.
The pumpkin patch had lots of character displays for the kids to take pictures with. We took pictures with almost all of them, but here is the ones that matter most to Ava.
The Little Mermaid
Dora and Boots
Dora and Boots
Land Before Time
And of course, Ava's all time favorite, THE BACKYARDIGANS!!!
If you get a chance, I recommend the pumpkin patch. It is free and offers alot of fun kiddo things to do!