Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Put a fork in me, I am done.

Yes, it's true. My last day in HELL was Black Friday. I left and never looked back. To be honest, I didn't say goodbye to anyone. I wasn't ready to say my goodbyes. It has taken me the last 4 days to (somewhat) come out of this state of depression I have been in over this whole tragic state of affairs. I know that sounds stupid, but whatever, judge me how you want.

I must return to clear my office and turn in my keys, but I will do that on Thursday. That is when I will finally say all of my goodbyes.

The new job starts Dec 8.

So to my peers: I apologize and understand why you are mad that I left and didn't call your stores to tell you Friday was my last day. I intended to call most of you this Thursday. All of my employees knew I would be in this week to finalize everything. I'm sorry they told you I was gone and I should have been a better friend/coworker. We all have the weight of the world on our shoulders right now, and I did not want any one person to think I was rubbing my opportunity in their face. I never meant to disregard any relationships I had built over the last 6 years.

We will all land on our feet.

I believe that.

3 comments:

Hughes Family said...

I don't understand why anyone would be mad about you leaving. It's hard to say good bye and even harder under such rough terms.
I worked last night and we loaded our second outgoing trailer (it was insane) and I can't believe it's all happening so fast. They are talking about closing our store in 10 days - 2 weeks out. It will probably take one more trailer, then the leftovers for us to sell. Ugh! I could not do it for 6-7 days straight. Rest up, take care and kick ass at the new job site!

Beth said...

No one is mad that I am leaving. Some seem to be offended that I left and did not take the time to tell them beforehand that FRiday would be my last day. We all know what the week before Thanksgiving is like, never mind the little obstacle of going out of business. I honestly did not have time to call anyone outside my store. I wanted to talk to each member of my team individually (before I left) to tell them MYSELF I was leaving, but that did not happen either. I did talk to my management team... I can understand some being offended.. And to those people I apologize.

glam R baby said...

Hey girl! Sorry about all this you are going through....so I thought I would cheer you up and give you a BLOG AWARD!! Check it out on my page!! XOXO